Look no Further if Shopping for an Android Tablet

Look no Further if Shopping for an Android Tablet, If you're shopping for an Android-powered tablet, your search is complete. I'm not going to go into all of the features but would rather share my experience with the Asus Transformer vs. a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I had three Galaxy Tab 10.1 devices and all of them were defective. I returned it for a refund (thank you, Amazon.com) and went with the Transformer. This is not meant to trash the Galaxy Tab 10.1... I'm simply passing along my experience with both devices and listing the reasons why I went with the TF and not the Tab. Here's why:

- The Transformer now officially supports Netflix. Streaming videos are properly formatted to the screen. While Netflix does work on the Galaxy Tab, it's not "officially" supported so movies or TV shows that are formatted for 4:3 are stretched to take up the full screen. Looking at people's squished faces for several hours during a movie can get tiring.

- The Transformer has an SD card slot, so you can easily transfer files and/or load it up with movies/music/pictures, if you wish. The Galaxy Tab does not have the capability to expand its storage. If you like to load up your tablet with movies like I do, you'll eat through 32GB in no time.

- The Transformer has Android 3.2, while the Galaxy Tab 10.1 has Android 3.1 with TouchWiz (if you elected to to install TouchWiz). Andriod 3.2 contains several bug fixes, most importantly the bug where apostrophies were being displayed as HTML code is fixed.

- The Transformer does NOT require a special driver to be recognized in Windows 7. Just plug it in, and drag/drop files. The Galaxy Tab requires a special driver download from Samsung's website. The driver used to be very difficult to find on Samsung's website but that has since been recified.

- The 32GB Transformer is significantly cheaper than the 32GB Galaxy Tab, and does the exact same thing.

So with those advantages, why would you pay more money for a Galaxy Tab? I understand not all of them are that way, and there are thousands of happy Galaxy Tab customers. My experience with it was poor, and it's too bad as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a sexy device and I WANTED it to work out. But I'm happy with the Transformer as it does everything the Tab does.... and the important thing is that my first Transformer worked properly out of the box, unlike my 3 Galaxy Tabs. So what are you waiting for?! Buy one!