Hands Down Best Android Tablet for the Money

My first tablet but I have owned iPhones and used ipad. Most reviewers compare it to an Ipad2 and I will do the same. Why? because I believe 90% of shoppers looking at this item are asking "why should I get this over an Ipad2? This one is hands down the best android tablet out there for the price. If you want better Android tablets you will have to look in the $600+ price range.


Had it for about a week. When I first got it it was slow, buggy and there were no apps! I was very close to returning it. But decided to give it another shot. The Honeycomb update that came out a few days later fixed 90% of my problems. I noticed new apps come out for it on a daily basis so this is not a problem for me either. Now I am 100% satisfied with this android tablet. The secret: it takes a few days to draw your conclusions, not a few hours.

Pros:
- Price
- Beautiful screen on par or better than ipad2
- Open, unlike ipad2 you can install any app you want including 3rd party apps.
- To me, Honeycomb OS seems more modern and cutting edge compared to Apple's OS. More setting controls, live widgets, live wallpaper, thematic, tons of things apple's lacks.
- Flash. Huge advantage over Ipad IMO.
- Solid construction, nice textured back panel for the hands.
- Good apps included: Office, Remote Control your PC, share files over network.
- HDMI, micro SD reader.
- Open! you can play your music/videos without loading it to your library using Itunes or Icloud. Hey, you can even play your friends music/videos, it just works without the hassle!

Cons:
- Not a lot of apps YET. This will change but if you are impatient and need tons of apps today, I recommend to get the Ipad. This is not Asus limitation but Android. I was about to return it for this sole reason but gave it another shot and this device won me over.
- Not as light and thin as Ipad2. But then again this is much cheaper.
- No USB port on tablet.

All in all this best tablet for kids deserves 5 stars.

Why I chose it over Ipad? See my pros above. The openness and less hassle to play/copy/open your media including Flash. The ability to install any app you want on it. If you don't like to wait, don't want to learn and don't mind apple's restrictions, get the ipad2. If you are a bit patient and like control of your media/files/apps get this one.